Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Bystander Effect

Many years ago, i had an experience of "The Bystander Effect". I was living in an apartment complex. One afternoon i went to outside to throw the trash away, when i saw two men fighting over a parking space. At first they were arguing, and then they started physically fighting. This situation frightened me a lot and i didn't know how to react, I wanted to stop them before anything worst happened. I thought about calling the police and I ran inside my apartment but on my way inside I ran into a neighbor and he said "Don't do anything". Afterwards, there was around 15 around them and none of them got involved. Finally, they stopped fighting and everyone went back inside their apartment. Fortunately, none of them got really hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. No one felt the need to call the police? It is good that no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete